Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dreams Can Come True

So, I have this best friend. He's kind of a rockstar.

http://www.last.fm/music/Dizzy+the+punk+rapper


Or rapstar technically. I’ve known Mo for some years now, and one thing that he’s always been is dedicated to his dream. Which is tough, ‘cause when it’s your senior year of high school and people ask you what your plans are “I’m gonna be a rapper” is not what they want to hear. But he politely said fuck you to the naysayers and stayed on his grind. He knew that whether it took him to the top or the gutter, he had to do what he loved. And what he loved more than anything else was making music.


Now, his group Jupiter Express has performed in front of Def Jam and on 106 & Park. And this is only the beginning. I’m so happy for him that I could cry. But that would be insanely girly of me so I won’t.


He doesn’t take me seriously when I tell him this, but Mo is absolutely one of my biggest role models. He has a dream and he works relentlessly towards making it come true. Which is not something that I could always say about myself. But that changes now. I’ve always dreamed of being a fashion designer and eventually owning my own boutique. NOW is the time that I start to make that happen. I’m working on the website for my clothing line.  Every moment that I’m not at my “dayjob” I’ll be working, creating, and promoting my line until I’m the best and everyone knows it

Thank you Maurice for showing me that dreams can come true. But it takes more than wishing on stars, it takes hard work, dedication, and surviving on nothing but Ramen noodles for long periods of time.

No comments: